Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Cosmeos, the Goddess of Harmony & Balance


From my teacher and my inspiration, Rosemary Gladstar:
There is a story we herbalists have conjured up that I like to think of. A mythical Greek goddess whose name meant harmony and balance, Cosmeos gave to mortals the gifts of herbs, flowers and other simple pleasures to nourish the body and soul. She personified radiant health that flowed from a core of harmony and balance. Cosmeos never sought to mask what she was or how she looked; rather, she fed her inner fire with the eternal gifts of the Earth.  Her beauty was as unique as the flowers growing wild on the hillside and as powerful as the granite bones of the mountain.

The modern word cosmetic stems from the Greek word Kosmeticos, meaning "skilled at adornment". This is precisely what Cosmeos is all about; it was never her intent to cover up; she used her creations to reveal in who she was.
We at SkIndulgence keep this passage in mind when creating each of our products.  We believe that each person has their own unique beauty and love the idea that SkIndulgence can use all the gifts of the Earth to help let that beauty shine by illuminating the glory rather than masking the [perceived] flaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment