Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me     Move your mouse over me

Monday, November 5, 2012

Oatmeal, Almond & Avocado Body Scrub


Oatmeal, rich in vitamin E, is well-known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-itch, skin-soothing properties. Almonds are a natural emollient and, when ground, an effective exfoliant. Combined with avocado pulp, which contains vitamins A, D and E, and which possesses collagen-rebuilding properties, the oatmeal-almond mixture is ideal for irritated, tired and dry skin.  In order to avoid clogging your drain, it is best to make a small pouch or bag out of muslin cloth and fill it with dry oatmeal and the grated almonds.  Ideally, you should make the bag large enough so that you can fit your hand into it and use it as a mitt to rub the avocado on your body.  I use an old nylon, myself!

Recipe:
--
1/2 cup almonds
1 cup dry oatmeal
1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed

Place almonds in a blender or coffee grinder and grind until coarse and not too fine. Mix almonds and oatmeal and place in glove or muslin mitt. Scoop up avocado and rub on body with mitt. Rinse off with warm water, pat dry and moisturize.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good! I don't like avocados as food so I should use them for scrub :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete